Comerfords Cub

Loose Bruce

I have a genuine Comerfords Cub, but for the life of me, I cannot find a decent photo of the original petrol tank logo for the bike. It looks like a coat of arms.

I have asked all the guru's, including Gordon Farley, the Mikes and Dave Thorpe.

Does anyone have such a photo? 

image.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Hello Bruce..

Not sure if this helps you but I’m not sure if there was one specific decal...  the one pictured in b40rt’s link was owned by someone who worked at Comerfords and restored that bike. I talked to him last year and he said that in general, when building (converting the Mountain Cubs) they took what ever was in the parts bin so, no Comerfords Cub is the same as the next..

I’ve attached an image of a Comerfords Cub I took at Gordon Farley’s shop some years ago, his had a big red decal and then one of mine which is just a simple black ‘Triumph’

Hope this helps..

Jon

D373A0C0-34BB-490D-A1B3-58AEC4FB77B8.png

1D6B63D2-B1CF-494D-87A6-795F346BFBE4.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

just a reminder that a very original Comerfords cub was stolen during the Classic Mont Ventoux trial, while the rider grabbed a sandwich. It has yet to be recovered and may have made its way back across the channel to the uk. Would Comerford cub officonardo's keep an eye out for anyone trying to sell one that seems too cheap or bits the same. The guy is pretty peeved still to have had it pinched.

On 2/2/2020 at 9:28 PM, jonnyp said:

Hello Bruce..

Not sure if this helps you but I’m not sure if there was one specific decal...  the one pictured in b40rt’s link was owned by someone who worked at Comerfords and restored that bike. I talked to him last year and he said that in general, when building (converting the Mountain Cubs) they took what ever was in the parts bin so, no Comerfords Cub is the same as the next..

I’ve attached an image of a Comerfords Cub I took at Gordon Farley’s shop some years ago, his had a big red decal and then one of mine which is just a simple black ‘Triumph’

Hope this helps..

Jon

D373A0C0-34BB-490D-A1B3-58AEC4FB77B8.png

1D6B63D2-B1CF-494D-87A6-795F346BFBE4.png

Hello there, I consider myself fortunate to have bought that Comerford's Cub from Gordon Farley's in Guildford a few years back, but I consider myself a bit bonkers for selling it soon after so I could buy a gorgeous 410 Matchless from Sunbeam club mate Mike Holloway. Have to admit I didn't like the big red lettering on the Cub's tank so I replaced it with a couple of simple Triumph logos. Saw it advertised some time later and it looked like it had been shoved away in a damp shed. A sorry sight. Original bike with plastic cap for petrol tank (from Triumph Tina scooter???) and ye olde covers(!) for clutch and front brake cables on handlebar but... standard forks weren't exactly brilliant.

triumph-cub-trials-008.jpg

triumph-cub-trials-006.jpg

triumph-cub-trials-001.jpg

Edited by bigplonker
to add photos