Should there be another class in Trial GP?

Trialsrider24

Just now, heffergm said:

I never claimed it would. In fact, as mentioned, in my opinion there's really nothing wrong. But please, continue...

If you think theres nothing wrong your head really is buried in the sand

3 minutes ago, heffergm said:

Apparently so. But given you have presented zero ideas for fixing your perceived problems, I don't see that it much matters.

Sorry, but you're clueless (IMO). Id happily present them to people that can at least admit GP is away to the dogs

Edited by faussy

You're asking me to admit something as if your view of the state of things is reality rather than an opinion, and I don't share your view. Holding back your ideas on how to fix what you perceive as problems doesn't exactly further your argument to me or anyone else. Share the suggestions and perhaps you'll get some converts. Otherwise you're just complaining (which takes me back to my initial post about the internet and complaints... who'd have guessed).

3 minutes ago, heffergm said:

You're asking me to admit something as if your view of the state of things is reality rather than an opinion, and I don't share your view. Holding back your ideas on how to fix what you perceive as problems doesn't exactly further your argument to me or anyone else. Share the suggestions and perhaps you'll get some converts. Otherwise you're just complaining (which takes me back to my initial post about the internet and complaints... who'd have guessed).

Seeing as ive attended and competed in a lot more WTCs than you then im sure its more reality than your reality....

Ive stated my ideas lots of times previously, but guess who always pops up to disagree "Heffergm". If you weren't acknowledging what i had to say previous times, why should i even bother this time?

Edited by faussy

Now I remember you. Here's the difference between your responses and mine: I'm just looking to have a debate and I see us as having different opinions about the subject in question. You just want the last word. 

Anyway, in deference to the original poster who simply asked 'Should there be another line between gp and t2', my opinion stands: No. 

Over and out.

• Haha 1

I think the pastime / sport of motorcycle trials needs to be defined in the current timeframe. I am now 60, I have been involved in the club scene on and off ( as everyone else, houses and kids have dragged me away but I've always come back ) for 45 years.

Around here in the South East of the U.K. I could probably get a ride most weekends at club / centre level, I have never had aspirations to ride at the higher level as I know my limits and have always enjoyed my 'sport'.

At this level, which I would suggest is the vast majority of riders, there is no concern about getting spectators out to watch nor a desire to have the sport moved on to be more extreme.

As far as participation is concerned we get around 45 - 70 riders at a local compeditive event but between 130 and 200 at a practice day, ( sections laid out but no observing, ride as many times around as you like ) I think that speaks volumes for what the grass root rider wants. Get out at the weekend and enjoy the challenge of riding a motorbike through and over stuff that won't kill him/her

So here is a loony suggestion, if we want the sport to grow forget the World Championship, get the factories and their sponsors to invest in grass root sport.

It would make an interesting poll to find out what the bulk of the riders want.

Sorry if this is off topic, but trials will not improve if you only consider the top 0.1% in fact 0.001%

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I would agree with heffergm that the problem will not be fixed by adding another line between T2 and GP.  To me it just thins the already slim number of riders at the top.  Am I correct, maybe not but that is my opinion.  

I also add that that I believe collyolly has the correct focus, club level really is the best place to put our efforts.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, faussy said:

Did you ever see Jordi Tarres ride? 

In the end who cares? The sport was infinitely more competitive and entertaining to watch

jordi would struggle to win T2 on his bike and skill set from back then.

Bou and raga move up in ability every year.

Totally agree,  trials has been in decline for some time. We have a number of issues but some if not all are related to the volume of sales. 

People can't get sponsorship to cover costs as the factories aren't making enough money. Clubs can't buy land as they don't have the income.

Parts bikes and clothing are all far too expensive as the market is too small to achieve the economies of scale.

And for the environmental lobby we are an easy target, we are a tiny minority with no resources to contest decisions.

The decline in trials has continued regardless of rules and numbers of routes or laps or days in the world championships.

Conclusion,  the WTC doesn't sell bikes.

You'd think the factories would realise this at some point.

• Like 1