2019 Sherco ST Hi Rise bars

SeychellesSherco

Ridiculous answer ^, you’ve got plenty of options really , you can either buy new bars or bar riser sets ,the standard bars are 4.5 inch you can get a set of renthal fat bars in 5.0 rise or jitsie and apico do 5.0 5.5 or 6 inch rise 

On 12/10/2019 at 3:48 AM, lineaway said:

Not only are they too high, but a ridiculous bend. Rubbish parts on a brand new bike. hgas obviously knows this.

So Lineaway, impart some wisdom, I am 6ft 1". What bend ,what bar, what height. 

hgas make it easier for me. Choose one! I'm an ex Mxer and a bit lost here.

There have been lots of threads on bar risers and it always seems to come down to regardless how tall you are … Dougie Lampkin is often used as an example the stock bar height makes for the best geometry (maybe if you have really long legs and short arms they might be needed but assuming you are of usual proportions).

If you find yourself a bit cramped you might look at rolling your bars forward a bit. I'm 6'1" and another rider suggested this one day and I was surprised what a difference it made. 

9 hours ago, SeychellesSherco said:

So Lineaway, impart some wisdom, I am 6ft 1". What bend ,what bar, what height. 

hgas make it easier for me. Choose one! I'm an ex Mxer and a bit lost here.

Well, the reason I spoke up I own a pair of the bars from a 2020 Sherco. I had bent my bars badly during an event and the only bars that my dealer had with them was the stock bars that had been replaced with the low Renthal. It was a two day event and I could not ride worth a crap with that silly bend I believe they are reffered to as a Buffalo bend.. Of course I bought the Renthals also as soon as I could. My son is 6`5 inches tall. He has never needed tall bars, bend your knees. The taller the bar the less leverage you actually have. There is thousands of trials video`s out there of the top rider`s, they all have short bars. Go ride any vintage bike, tall pegs and short position bars.

OK so what I have gathered from all this information is that the standard Sherco bars are probably rubbish and I should go lower with a set of Renthals. Suck it up, roll the bars forward and bend my legs more:) 

So which Renthals? I need to keep a spare set of bars in stock, ( along with almost every other breakable part as I live on a tiny Island in the middle of the Indian Ocean!)

The more you roll the bars forward, the more they essentially flatten out.. So the suggestion would be to either roll the bars you've got forward to make them less annoying, or get some Renthals. They only make two trials bar bends, and I think the only difference is the rise, so take your pick. These things are really all preference, which we can't dictate over the internet. If you can't try them first, my suggestion is just roll your Sherco bars foward. It's what I did, and it made them a lot less horrible.

• Like 2