Cheetah frame numbers

adrianbellingham

Can’t help with anything official but someone with more knowledge on the bike might help out. 

Made between 67/68 by Bob Gollner and Mick Whitlock,  Believe frame numbers started at 1501 so I would assume it’s a 67.They were available in kit form or fully built 

Mine had never been registered so I couldn’t easily find anything official to help re registering it. Should have the Greeves square barrel on and frames were nickel plated originally.

8D165211-11EF-4C9A-AA2F-DCF850819374.jpeg

B08FBED3-8280-4692-A099-31C55C0C7FD6.jpeg

Hi Adrian - The first Cheetahs looked like this without the double gussets at the headstock. I don't know what number they changed at but mine is 1521 and has the double gussets.

I believe that most Frames were sold without engines and riders upgraded their tired Greeves, Dots, Cottons etc with these frame kit options as shown on the attached price list. I think I heard that 98 examples were made during 1967/68.

Jan 67 frame.jpg

Cheetah price list2.jpg

14 hours ago, adrianbellingham said:

Hi all 

I have recently found Villiers engined Cheetah 

Can anyone help with identifying year etc

frame number is 1516 with the 6 over stamped with a 7

it has a plated frame and greeves barrels and head

look forward to the advise

ab

Adrian
Interesting: I have the original sales receipt for frame No 1518, dated July 1967, which was originally purchased by the gent who owned my Cheetah.
Regards
David