dating a bike

deputy dawg

28 minutes ago, deputy dawg said:

hi where could i get a year of manufacture for a ossa mar so i can get it road registered. many thanks

The Francis Barnet Owners club did mine in 2016. No idea why another owner did it.

John Harding 1 Flock Cottage, Hope Mansell, Ross On Wye. HR9 5TL

As no owners club and the maker no longer exisits the only ones the DVLA will accept is someone like the VMCC.  But check to see if it was registered when new by doing a TRADE HPI check at a bike dealer from the vin.   If it was registered before it will display the registration then it's only £25 to get a copy V5C.   https://www.vmcc.net/Library-and-DVLA-Forms

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, to have an overview you can take a look at vitalemaquinas dot com. A very helpful spanish web site. There is a pull down menu "descargas". There you

can find a pdf "manual de identificación de chasis". At page 15 there is the conversion. :-) 

Greetings

motomic

The information on the swingarm length is incorrect as it describes the MK1 MAR swingarm as longer than the MK2  whereas it is the other way around, MK1 short and MK2 long. The 1976 MK3 also had the long swingarm not the short one.  The TR77 went back to the short swingarm but it says it has the longer one. I guess it's possible some TR77 may have had the longer swingarm, I don't know