Beta 200 levers

Crispy

Hi folks, hoping you can shed some light.

My 2011 Beta 200 handlebar levers have a lot of up n down play in them. I removed for inspection and discovered there are no plastic bushes fitted to the pivot holes.

Ordered a set of bushes to fit ‘grimeca’ units and they fit the pins but not the levers ( lever holes too small) so I thought the aftermarket levers fitted were wrong. Ordered a set of ‘grimeca’ fit ‘Apico’ levers...... and the pivot holes on the new levers are still too small?

I don’t know which to order? 

Anyone advise?

cheers

Chris

9 minutes ago, thall1 said:

You could just drill the holes on the lever to suit.?..

I could and did think that’s an option, shame though, to drill brand new levers when I could send them back and get Some that fit. Just need someone to confirm if the Grimeca levers have big holes or small holes? The pivot pins are for large hole levers and I’m assuming they’re original, could be wrong though.

Original levers pivot holes are worn oval, stick and are not nice to use.

thanks

Chris

The forged Apico levers fit AJP and Braktec master cylinders (6mm pivot pin) using the supplied plastic bushes, and Grimeca master cylinders (8mm pivot pin) when you remove the plastic bushes.

You should also check the pivot pins on your master cylinders, if they are worn you can buy new pins from Beta UK.

• Thanks 1

Thank you both for the suggestions, a bit clearer now as to what is meant to fit mine (has the 8mm pins then) I’ll fit the apicos without the bushes, it’ll be better than it is now and drill the others and keep as spares. The pins are useable for now.

cheers guys