Monty 348 kickstart

yam175

Correct installation is to be sure the kick start shaft is rotated FULLY clockwise and then install the kick start lever at the one o'clock position. When starting, the lever will engage around 11 o'clock and will safely rotate to the  6 o'clock position. Installed this way you will never punch a hole in the side case.

23 minutes ago, nh014 said:

Correct installation is to be sure the kick start shaft is rotated FULLY clockwise and then install the kick start lever at the one o'clock position. When starting, the lever will engage around 11 o'clock and will safely rotate to the  6 o'clock position. Installed this way you will never punch a hole in the side case.

It's at one o'clock so happy days ,thanks

This happened to me in 1980, brand new TY175, the hex bolt head went through the case, the bike shop gave me a new kickstart shaft and case, apparently the internal stop had slipped around the shaft and allowed the kickstart to come back too far, bit of a warranty issue apparently. I would totally suggest getting that shaft out and getting a nice hot weld on the stop and shaft.

• Like 1