Tenaci-wong

suzuki250

19 hours ago, ric h said:

They have a 150 aircooled model due out soon.perfect beginner bike.

what would be the advantages of this as a beginner bike as opposed to an established brand 1 year old?

Financially obviously a current brand is a better bet, so other reasons?

Availability.250cc and under beginner bikes are very scarce here in Canada.And when they are available they are a lot more money than the cost of a brand new TW150 which will sell for approx $1000cdn less than the TW200.

1 hour ago, ric h said:

Availability.250cc and under beginner bikes are very scarce here in Canada.And when they are available they are a lot more money than the cost of a brand new TW150 which will sell for approx $1000cdn less than the TW200.

How much is new 250 beta or gas gas where you are then?Sounds like there's not a lot of riders if availability is difficult,or do people keep bikes a long time?Think for Tenaci to be successful here they need to be half the price of an established brand,maybe it's different where you are

In Northwest USA, the trials sport is very small,  the for sale adds for the last 4 months have had nothing listed other than a 60's Bultaco and a couple wore out TL  Hondas. Seems newer 2 to 5 year old machines get passed on via word of mouth. The couple dealers have not had a new machine to sell since the end of Summer. The money seems to be made selling 4 wheel guads and side by side machines. 

1 hour ago, heffergm said:

Too bad you can't ship a trials bikes anywhere in the country for $300.

Oh, wait...

I'm pretty sure down here we can go from 1 side of the Country to the other side 3000klm for about Aus$ 250-$300

Shipping here in the USA is 3 to 5 hundred. Buying used, shipping is rarely a choice from the seller, especially if not a dealer. And with the Tenaci -wong shipping is what to expect with only one US dealer. Nice to have those with personal experience with the machine share their knowledge. 

www.bsaotter.com gives a lot of information on the Tenaci Wong, from several sources.

Edited by sherco70
More info

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2020 at 9:38 AM, nigel dabster said:

what would be the advantages of this as a beginner bike as opposed to an established brand 1 year old?

Financially obviously a current brand is a better bet, so other reasons?

Hi, Nige.

I've always thought a small 4T would be great for beginner kids. Easy throttle hit, grunty for climbing, less likely to stall, good engine braking for downhills...

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, charlie chitlins said:

Hi, Nige.

I've always thought a small 4T would be great for beginner kids. Easy throttle hit, grunty for climbing, less likely to stall, good engine braking for downhills...

I think you could throw old Men with arthritis in there fingers, wrists etc into that list ;)

9 hours ago, charlie chitlins said:

Hi, Nige.

All achievable with lower cc 2t, and you always have the problem of image which is often more important to children?

Without a doubt a cheap 4t has advantages but this aint that cheap?

3 hours ago, nigel dabster said:

All achievable with lower cc 2t, and you always have the problem of image which is often more important to children?

Without a doubt a cheap 4t has advantages but this aint that cheap?

think your right about price  but the main problem is i see on this site is riders that ride trials (competition)  and others that ride trails.(play ) so who and what is it amend at,

19 hours ago, on it said:

think your right about price  but the main problem is i see on this site is riders that ride trials (competition)  and others that ride trails.(play ) so who and what is it amend at,

the vast majority who ride trials compete very few young starters dont want to compete.