Throttle 'ring'

heffergm

So during this walkthrough of Kadlec's bike setup (turn on subtitles), at 1:15 in, where he talks about using a 'throttle ring'. As far as I'm aware, the only parts domino makes for trials that affect the throttle ramp up are either the slow (black) or fast (white) throttle tubes. Since the TRS comes with a fast throttle, clearly something else is at work here and I'm curious if anyone knows what it is. When you see him turn the throttle, it looks to me like it's wide open at about 1/8 turn, which is about a quarter turn sooner than the standard (fast) domino white throttle tube.

Domino do make these, but they look to be only for push/pull throttles: http://www.domino-group.com/en/12-products/18-throttle-controls/244-throttle-control.html

Edited by heffergm
  • Like 2

No, I run one of those, it's just a replacement for the standard plastic roller. He's talking about getting the slide (i.e. the throttle) to open faster. I'd almost say he's talking about some sort of home made mod, but the throttle cover is red, which I've never seen before. ?‍♂️

The only way I could see accomplishing that would be to change the ramp up on the throttle tube by added some material, since the 'ring' that the throttle cable attaches to on the domino throttle is part of the tube, not an interchangeable part like on some dirt bike throttles.

Edited by heffergm
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, nhuskys said:

Can you solve the mystery of the red throttle wheel cover?

A lot of the young german riders have these custom covers with own logo or an arrow showing which direction is "Vollgas" (full throttle). These parts are obviously manufactured as 3D-Print parts.

Canario

• Like 2

15 hours ago, lineaway said:

Just before the white tube throttles came along, everyone ran a small ramp. It was just a slim piece of aluminum that fit in the throttle housing to make it a fast throttle. I am sure it is very similar.

With the given space (radius) in the throttle housing, it is difficult for me to imagine how to make this work.

I am surely will ask Jens, when I see him next time, but I can imagine that this is already a topic in my local club.

Canario

• Like 2

14 hours ago, sparkybill said:

He may be using the extra fast throttle that came on the 2019 Gold,this is a picture of it.

This would explain a lot to me. I saw Franzi with his new Gold this year the first time at the first Race for the german Championship in Neunkirchen. It was amazing to hear how fast the engine picked up the revs and I wondered what the trick (one of the tricks) could be.

Canario

Edited by Canario
  • Like 3