Throttle 'ring'

heffergm

22 hours ago, heffergm said:

[...]When you see him turn the throttle, it looks to me like it's wide open at about 1/8 turn, which is about a quarter turn sooner than the standard (fast) domino white throttle tube.[...]

There is a "mark" visible (coming from the manufacturing process in a two-part mould) at "3 o'clock" position on the Renthal Grip. When he turn the throttle, this mark disappears behind his fingers. Therefore, for me it looks like something about 90° for full throttle. That would be exactly the same, I have with the white grip on my 2012 Raga (2,2°/mm at 44 mm total stroke). Would be interesting to know, if these "extra rings" are able to provide a kind of progessive (or better degressive) throttle opening curve (e.g. an elliptical ring/piece).

Canario

Edited by Canario

1 hour ago, Canario said:

There is a "mark" visible (coming from the manufacturing process in a two-part mould) at "3 o'clock" position on the Renthal Grip. When he turn the throttle, this mark disappears behind his fingers. Therefore, for me it looks like something about 90° for full throttle. That would be exactly the same, I have with the white grip on my 2012 Raga (2,2°/mm at 44 mm total stroke). Would be interesting to know, if these "extra rings" are able to provide a kind of progessive (or better degressive) throttle opening curve (e.g. an elliptical ring/piece).

Canario

I watched the video again and I think you're right. Looks to be the same amount of rotation as the white throttle tube. So I'd imagine the ramp is different so the slide opens more, earlier in the rotation. Either way, going to see if I can track down a Gold throttle tube to try out, gives me something to do while there's snow on the ground.

7 minutes ago, heffergm said:

I watched the video again and I think you're right. Looks to be the same amount of rotation as the white throttle tube. So I'd imagine the ramp is different so the slide opens more, earlier in the rotation. Either way, going to see if I can track down a Gold throttle tube to try out, gives me something to do while there's snow on the ground.

you can get the same effect using  Araldite expoxy  to build the throttle tube  up then rub it down to get the cam you want 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Canario said:

With the given space (radius) in the throttle housing, it is difficult for me to imagine how to make this work.

I am surely will ask Jens, when I see him next time, but I can imagine that this is already a topic in my local club.

Canario

I use a G2 Ergonomics quick turn throttle on my Husqvarna TE125 enduro bike.  It's the most aggressive ring(ramp) available, and requires they machine the Domino throttle assembly so it can fit.

5 hours ago, collyolly said:

You guys have obviously never ridden in mud !

Where I live in the Finger Lakes region of NY, it's as muddy as the worst in the UK. Only rocks we ride are in streams, and the smooth variety. I ride 125 in trials and enduro, so no huge 300 power. I find a quick throttle gives me more control, with smaller inputs to get the response I need.