Bultaco model 92 big bore ? How big can you go

larry s. k.

Hi ya have  2  listed I was looking for another 100cc model 80 and found one , so bultaco model 92 350 was wondering how big can I bore or replace cylinder with another that will fit  it’s at stock bore with original cylinder , by the book stock is 83.2 can I install say 360 cylinder ,  or any info just looking to trick more hp ,  

1 hour ago, larry s. k. said:

Hi ya have  2  listed I was looking for another 100cc model 80 and found one , so bultaco model 92 350 was wondering how big can I bore or replace cylinder with another that will fit  it’s at stock bore with original cylinder , by the book stock is 83.2 can I install say 360 cylinder ,  or any info just looking to trick more hp ,  

More HP? Have you ridden it yet? They are known for a few things but not for lacking power

• Like 2

Hi  have not fired up this engine have some parts to complete , as a short block found a match cyl ,  would like find better cyl..yes would like make more hp , has good crank rod is ok , I had a model 213 running few years ago , it sat years old gas in tank , got it running after few hours cleaning  it was not very powerful lasted 3 hours and lower end &. Piston started scoring , and puffing out of carb , so I put this on back burner , would like to make fast 326 , if possible ,pursang parts big bore best ignition. , maby with some ideas ,,

4 hours ago, larry s. k. said:

Hi  have not fired up this engine have some parts to complete , as a short block found a match cyl ,  would like find better cyl..yes would like make more hp , has good crank rod is ok , I had a model 213 running few years ago , it sat years old gas in tank , got it running after few hours cleaning  it was not very powerful lasted 3 hours and lower end &. Piston started scoring , and puffing out of carb , so I put this on back burner , would like to make fast 326 , if possible ,pursang parts big bore best ignition. , maby with some ideas ,,

The open class Pursang cylinder that fits that bottom end is also 325cc. The later open class Pursangs (360 and 370) have a longer stroke, as does your model 213 Alpina

7 hours ago, suzuki250 said:

Why would you want a fast trials bike? 

Hills climb , race other bikes open dirt road ,around hear there old Loggin roads where  I started , with old Honda sl 90 with a straight pipe nice and loude , ,',,,,,,,,,,  ,I have a steep hill near home going to tackle it ,,, 

On 12/22/2019 at 4:43 PM, larry s. k. said:

Hills climb , race other bikes open dirt road ,around hear there old Loggin roads where  I started , with old Honda sl 90 with a straight pipe nice and loude , ,',,,,,,,,,,  ,I have a steep hill near home going to tackle it ,,, 

Sounds like you need a motorcross / enduro bike rather than a trials bike for this particular task.  Ignore for a minute finding the cylinder to fit, the gearing of the engine will be all wrong and there is only so much you can do with sprocket swaps.

On 12/28/2019 at 12:55 AM, larry s. k. said:

Hi dublin Ireland , cool , I have variety of bikes ,yes like pursang frontera , I have  collection , projects  in different states of repair , like my own little work shop , I  pick up engines ebay , frame wheels , exc. purchase local Craigslist projects , when , price is right  ,, Noticed you like Sherpa , there very popular in Europe  , pursang is most popular  in states , I have model 68 runner not with original 68 cylinder it’s a putter  , think cyl off  Alpina 85 , it was a fixer  , I purchased Craiglist 4 years ago , 550, usd , had to drive 200 miles , purchased another gas tank original side covers  rear wheel new clutch , seat cover , ignition  and front fender pointy one , , have happy new year I

I

Hi , the equivalent year pursang (model 104 ) parts will fit straight on but the cases will need matching as the transfers are bigger on the pursang . you wont get 352cc mk7 or 363 cc mk8 pursang parts to fit as they have different stud centres plus they have longer stroke , not forgetting the airbox and exhaust , ignition and primary weights . Its a Sherpa T a trials bike , theres a reason Bultaco made the frontera and pursing , enjoy it for what it is .