Tubeless - Sealing Advice!

ticket2ride

Evening all,

Have a question on tyre sealing!

Any hints or tips!

The rear on my Gasgas was fine, until I rotated it!

Now it looses pressure, within hours!

I've filled with tyre sealant, but it doesn't seem to make any difference?

Any pointers appreciated!

Thanks,

Are you sure it’s popped back out onto the bead?.. 

you’ll need to find where it’s leaking. Assuming you don’t have a puncture ...there’s only three places . .. the valve, bead or spokes .if it’s the bead then make sure it’s really clean and try to blow it back out again... WD40 or similar on the tyre will help it pop out. And if possible use a compressor with the inner part of the valve removed to get more air in quicker. If it doesn’t want to pop out at all then try putting a ratchet strap around the tyre to compress the tread and force the sidewall out onto the bead. if it’s from the spokes you’ll need to remove and clean the rim tape. I expect you’ll find corrosion under the tape. If you have got some corrosion then try and remove as much as possible with sand paper or a dremel and paint over with enamel or similar to protect it...

good luck!

I doubt your spokes even penetrate the rims so won't be that, more likely you haven't fully beaded the tyre to the rim, it may need up to 60 PSI or even a little more. It should be easy to tell if it's not fully beaded because all the tyres I'm aware of have a raised ridge around their circumference a few millimeters from the rim. WD40 will help as thall1 has said, I usually use soapy water applied with a paint brush.