Cota 247 silencer

brownie001

These occasionally come up second-hand on eBay. You can get a WES replacement, I think In Motion Trials do them, but a much lower cost alternative is a Volkswagen Beetle tailpipe, again on eBay for about a tenner. It's a direct fit on the exhaust pipe and easy to make a bracket to secure to the silencer mounting on the frame. This was a well known mod back in the day, even the works riders used them.

25 minutes ago, cleanorbust said:

These occasionally come up second-hand on eBay. You can get a WES replacement, I think In Motion Trials do them, but a much lower cost alternative is a Volkswagen Beetle tailpipe, again on eBay for about a tenner. It's a direct fit on the exhaust pipe and easy to make a bracket to secure to the silencer mounting on the frame. This was a well known mod back in the day, even the works riders used them.

Class what a great idea, that's why I love this forum.

No disrespect intended Keychange but if you've found something, please supply the Link. The search results vary depending on what part of the world you're in.

Sammy Miller was taken over, all products can now be found at Feked.com

I looked there first and found nothing compatible.

21 hours ago, brownie001 said:

Hi, I'm trying to get hold of an exhaust silencer for my Cota 247. In the attached picture it can be seen top right.

I've tried most of the usual sources but have had no luck so far.

image.png.3055aacdcfa4f18e8c31d99d5c7b0308.png 

Thanks in advance,

Phil

What year are we talking about here? This parts pic is really old, maybe '70 or '71, I don't really know. It's gunna be annoyingly loud with that type of silencer.

39 minutes ago, fourex said:

What year are we talking about here? This parts pic is really old, maybe '70 or '71, I don't really know. It's gunna be annoyingly loud with that type of silencer.

Meant to say, I don't find the exhaust note on mine with the VW tailpipe to be much different from standard (I still have the original silencer which I removed), and I'm not a fan of loud bikes. The mid-section silencer does a pretty good job.

Mine's a '79. Has the mid section box as in the diagram but it's a welded up one piece system up the point where the back box fits. The pipe at that point looks narrower in the diagram but would be easy enough to make a spacer/sleeve to fit the tailpipe.

Edited by cleanorbust