Trials newbie

jaredconleche

Hi all, just looking for a bit of advice on getting into trials really.

bought my first trials bike a couple of weeks back, a 2002(i think) sherco 250. Been out a couple of times so far and having a lot of fun, Ive always had bikes (rode mx and did my bike license at 17) but the trials is definitely a new style of riding ive not experienced before! lots of technique involved...

I live in gloucester and was wondering what clubs were about, how the licensing works (acu amca etc), how to get involved in doing some trials events and also where can you find fixtures for the events?

Any input appreciated and heres a pic of the bike!

IMG_7692.jpg

Hi - welcome to the gang

think western centre ACU will be your area if you google that they  have web site.

also go on ACU web site as all trials Uk trials are listed.

if you don’t mind travelling and want some good value coaching then google trials training Wales -  Think western centre have tracing  but maybe only kids?

The AMCA option is a bit less bureaucratic. Join an AMCA club and that's it. Around your way you've got Golden Valley and Cheltenham Hawks. (Although Golden Valley is a classic club they accept modern bikes ridden by riders over 50.)

For maximum choice, I'm a member of an ACU club and an AMCA club and I have an ACU registration (they don't call it a licence).

1 hour ago, trapezeartist said:

The AMCA option is a bit less bureaucratic. Join an AMCA club and that's it. Around your way you've got Golden Valley and Cheltenham Hawks. (Although Golden Valley is a classic club they accept modern bikes ridden by riders over 50.)

For maximum choice, I'm a member of an ACU club and an AMCA club and I have an ACU registration (they don't call it a licence).

Ok it's a Trial Registration Card

Go to acu.org uk members section then licence.  You can apply online but need a ref number from a club, some of the clubs allow you to join online and they are listed in the area you are joining. 

The calender section on trials central has info on most upcoming trials but also check your local clubs for Facebook