Advice Please Scorpa

=TSR= Korky

firsty i must say good choice :D you will never look back buying a scorpa they are great bikes and super reliable, i would never buy anything else (thats my personal choice so no angery :) gasser riders shouting please) you can put what you like in your bike thats your choice personally i use castrol TT-S 2 stroke oil (fully synthetic) and pj1 light gear oil 75w in the engine/gearbox. i have been running on these oils for quite a while and never had any problems. what i would suggest is you try them for a while and see how you go, you will need to drop the oil from the engine change it for new, run for 3 to 4 hours then drop it again and change for new, this will get rid of any of the old oil on the clucth plates. i find my scorpa runs best on this oil and it got rid of the clutch slip that i use to get.hope this info is some help to you it might not be right for everyone and some people might disagree with me but it works for me :beer: .......angus. p.s. forgot to say oil to fuel mixture is 2.5% which is 40 to 1.

Edited by angusmcbigpants

like i said it's up to you and what ever suits your bike. i was told at the time i was running to rich of a mixture but i tried most oils and all different mixtures and the bike ran best at 40 to 1, thats all i can say really. as with most things every bike is different i own a 2003 sy 250 and so does my brother the bikes are the same but we run on different oil and mixture. if the cap fits and all that!!!!

Thanks guys

but just say that i am a total fruit?

and don't understand the 40/1 thing

if i had 1 gallon = 4.5 lts

how much oil do i mix in with that in mls :))

oh and anybody any clues on any parts suppliers ? for the scorpa

thanks again guys

Edited by =TSR= Korky

2005 SY250

Synthetic oil

I mix mine at: 62.5 to 1

Same as: 1.6%

Which is: 16ml of oil per Litre of fuel.

or: 80ml of oil per 5 litre can of fuel.

or: 1 Litre of oil per 62.5 litres of fuel.

or, to mix imperial with metric measurements: 72ml or oil per 1 gallon of fuel.

I agree that it's horses for courses but my bike would be as oily as hell on 40:1 on synthetic oil.

• 2 weeks later...

• 15 years later...

Back to the "Scorpa Easy 250".

I just purchased a very nice 1998 ( rotax engine). This is my 1st trial and 2 stroke. I have no idea how to change the oil, cant find the filler or drain plug.

Please help. Also I cant find any documentation.

5 hours ago, Easy250 said:

Back to the "Scorpa Easy 250".

I just purchased a very nice 1998 ( rotax engine). This is my 1st trial and 2 stroke. I have no idea how to change the oil, cant find the filler or drain plug.

Please help. Also I cant find any documentation.

Contact Mike Komer at the Tryals Shop. They were the Scorpa Importer. He still has a bunch of people riding the Easy's.

https://www.tryalsshop.com/