Daughter wants to ride trials bikes

Dragontest

My daughter is tall so I had to get her a Beta 80 Sr (full size wheels). She is now 5’ 8” and enjoys her 125 but would also do well on something like a Beta 200... 

As above size/age could make a big difference in what would work well.  

Edited by jonnyc21
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Dragontest said:

She just 20 and about 5'8" tall, I guess a 200/250cc would fit the bill by the sounds of things, she rides on the road so I think she could handle a 200cc trials, thanks for advice.

One more thought, my wife started with road riding and she prefers a 125 trials bike.  She started on a 125 and is currently is on a 250 and likes it in some ways but overall I think I might end up swapping he back to a 125.  

As I am sure you know road riding is very different from trials, so it could be good to start off a bit soft on bike size, depending on the rider, and swapping up on bikes after a year or two could be the better choice depending on the person.  

This really is all conjecture at this point, the problem is the picking the size of bike isn’t just about body size, where my wife and daughter can both easily ride a 250 with their size neither are very aggressive riders so both do better on the 125.  Though if I could get my daughter to try a 200 I think she would do well on one. 

In the end you know her best so take this all with a grain of salt and get the bike that you feel is correct.  

When I took up trials at 38 I got a Gasgas 125 TXTPro, and it was spot on the right thing for me.  So much so I've been toying with the idea of selling the Cota and getting another one.

125s are easy to sell, too, because there's always youngsters wanting to get a start on a modest bike (plus 16 and under are restricted to 125 in competition anyways)

• Like 1