2001 gasgas txt 280 exhaust

txt joker

Can some body tell me what’s going on with my bike. The frame no tells me it’s a 2001 txt 280,but I broke the middle exhaust box and ordered one using the part no from gasgas,it’s different from mine tho the one that came looks the same as the parts diagram and won’t fit. I’ve attached a photo,mine’s obviously is the dirty one.

C7A52EA9-8284-4501-9A0C-23AE923D5771.jpeg

11071BA8-6352-43DA-84DB-A572107415C6.jpeg

Well looking in the parts book looks like they have sent you the 125/200 middle box which is shorter. no 11 mid box is shorter BT120126020 .Should be no 12 BT280126020

exhaust.JPG

Capture.JPpart no.JPG

Edited by Bilko
  • Like 1

Cheers Bilko,I thought that to,but when you look at the front mounting it’s right on the collar.Both of them have it in the right place.The difference seems to be the hump where the rear/top mounting is,the squarish pad coming out is stopping it from going in and the rear box sits at a different angle,I had a look at the parts list for different years and can’t find one like mine.It’s got me stumped. I think I’ll resort to some old fashioned fettling with a 2lb ball pein hammer?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

7 hours ago, Agent808 said:

I also Have a 2001 txt 280 edition , could your steer me to the sights on where your picking up your parts , Thanks ,, hope you solve your problem

Hi agent808,im in Scotland and pick parts from splatshop,used parts come from trialsbike breakers uk or facebook groups,post what your looking for and someone usually has it,cheers