Hello !

adam slade

Hi all

Just a quick intro and question.

After a looong time away from off road bikes I have just purchased a gasgas 300 in a vain attempt to regain some mid 40's fitness !! looking forward to getting out and about.

Quick question - the VIN no on my bike starts VTRTG - when i checked the bike out, all the sites I have found list GasGas trials bike frame numbers starting with VTRGG not VTRTG.

Has anyone else got a TG VIN number - or knows what it means??

Many thanks

Adam

Is this bike registered for road use? Have you given the area around the frame no/VIN a really good clean....is the fourth character a definite T? If all is not explained then maybe a photo and an e-mail to the Gas Gas Importer or a reliable dealer may shed some light on what you have. Did you purchase this bike from a private individual or a dealer? 

I know how disconcerting these little things can be, but at the end of the day if its not a stolen reappropriated machine and you like it then all is not lost. It could be that your bike had a factory hiccup where the person punching the VIN needed glasses or was suffering from too much wine? It could be that VTRTG was a small production run with some mods or additions to clear out a model ending run.

Thanks both. Not particularly concerned as I know where the bike has come from - just interested as it’s an anomaly I can’t seem to find any info on !! Its definitely stamped TG but looks machine stamped - not by hand. It Is road registered yes, and it’s an early bike for its year - no 0128 so maybe it is to do with the new model/ year combination 

cheers

Adam

• 1 month later...
On 1/10/2020 at 5:59 PM, adam slade said:

Thanks both. Not particularly concerned as I know where the bike has come from - just interested as it’s an anomaly I can’t seem to find any info on !! Its definitely stamped TG but looks machine stamped - not by hand. It Is road registered yes, and it’s an early bike for its year - no 0128 so maybe it is to do with the new model/ year combination 

cheers

Adam

On 1/10/2020 at 5:44 PM, section swept said:

Is this bike registered for road use? Have you given the area around the frame no/VIN a really good clean....is the fourth character a definite T? If all is not explained then maybe a photo and an e-mail to the Gas Gas Importer or a reliable dealer may shed some light on what you have. Did you purchase this bike from a private individual or a dealer? 

I know how disconcerting these little things can be, but at the end of the day if its not a stolen reappropriated machine and you like it then all is not lost. It could be that your bike had a factory hiccup where the person punching the VIN needed glasses or was suffering from too much wine? It could be that VTRTG was a small production run with some mods or additions to clear out a model ending run.

If any one is interested for future reference - after  phoning Gasgas to order some parts, including a new exhaust - OUCH - Turns out it is a special edition raga bike which explains why it has a different frame number !! 

• 6 months later...