Hello . (Past ) .Mid - Life Crisis

Billtaco

Hello all . Just joined the forum , and am very impressed with the all the different topics available.  Forty years back i was interested in trials, and had an old Montesa Cota 247 ,which I used on the road for a couple of years ,and although I never took part in a trial, it allowed me to get up into the hills as an observer with the local Loch Lomond club. I then drifted away from bikes as work and family commitments took over the wallet.  About fifteen years ago I became one of the born again bikers, and got back on the road with a Kawasaki ZXR 750. This is now getting a bit big and heavy for my aging bones, so it will have to go.  I now have this notion to get myself an older trials bike and maybe try a couple of road runs like the Bob Mcgregor or moidart or Beamish even . I am in the process of buying an older Bultaco at the moment, and will be posting a question about the bike in another topic .

Bill 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rich500 said:

Good for you mate, trials never leaves you! I met a chap the other day riding his first trial in his mid seventies! Age is just a number.

All the best Bill.

Rich.

Cheers Rich. Thanks for the words of encouragement. Yes, age is just a number, and if you're lucky enough to have your health and still be relatively fit, then you should go for it , and try doing the things that you fancy doing while you still can.

Bill. 

• Like 1