New Repsol or 301 RR

gassa1

Hi

thinking of buying a new montesa 4RT but carnt decide which model, is it worth paying the extra £££ for a RR and what’s the main difference between the 2 bikes apart from the 301 having the bigger motor, how do they both ride and would the RR be too much for a clubman rider?

thanks

301 rr is much superior. 
the 300 and 301 I found much easier to ride as much smoother bottom end.

Let a friend have a go on my 301 as he normally rides repsol and couldn’t believe how much easier and better the 301 is

• Like 2

14 hours ago, jimmyl said:

301 rr is much superior. 
the 300 and 301 I found much easier to ride as much smoother bottom end.

Let a friend have a go on my 301 as he normally rides repsol and couldn’t believe how much easier and better the 301 is

Have a comparison ride between the 301 and 300 you could elaborate on? Would be interested in knowing how much difference there is between them as well...

301 is softer and smoother at the bottom end . The reduced  engine braking makes front feel lighter and push out less on turns - I think.

think a bit more poke mid  range but nothing scary .

i have started using the soft map rather than big map I used on 300. It’s been muddy and felt the rear braking traction more on the big map but may just be conditions or x11 tyre not my normal x light.

On a long rocky stream the reduced engine braking seem to help the bike float over the rocks better and was able to clean one of my harder practice sections 2nd go on the 301. I can try the same on the 300 and not clean from one practice visit to the next 
The swap from 260 to 300 was noticeable.  Swap from 300 to 301 is less it just feels smoother and better - defiantly enough to warrant the upgrade. 
Everything just works very well as a package - only had 4 rides on it but loving it 

??

Edited by jimmyl
  • Like 4