trapezeartist

Rear Brake Seals

I have just renewed the pistons and seals in the rear calliper of my Evo 250. Unfortunately I damaged one of the seals as I was putting it together. Is there a source for seals only as it seems a shame to spend another 30 odd quid when all I need is one seal?

I had the same problem with mine and, unfortunately, wasn't able to source any from anywhere else so had to buy a complete kit again.

19 hours ago, trapezeartist said:

I have just renewed the pistons and seals in the rear calliper of my Evo 250. Unfortunately I damaged one of the seals as I was putting it together. Is there a source for seals only as it seems a shame to spend another 30 odd quid when all I need is one seal?

Strip the caliper again and measure the seals.  Quick google found a seal supplier might have the ones you need.

On 1/15/2020 at 11:24 AM, rcgods said:

Strip the caliper again and measure the seals.  Quick google found a seal supplier might have the ones you need.

Measuring the main dimensions is one thing. Getting the exact right profile and the right material is another. I bit the bullet and bought another kit (and some red rubber grease!).

• Like 1