OKO Carburetors

dozerash

1 hour ago, technowaldo said:

Put one on my 200 fantic and it totally transformed it but don’t buy a cheap one (£25 ) as they are a copy of a copy

Yes, isn't the OKO a good copy of a Keihin ?   and some of the other copies are not so good

Best place to buy an OKO would seem to be Mid Atlantic Trials in USA. Their website has an OKO section which describes how they've tuned the carbs for specific bikes including SWMs. I'm sure they'd be responsive to any email enquiries. They sell the genuine OKOs, jetted for specific bikes, not the useless copies. I think the price including postage to UK is currently about 115 quid.

Got one on a jumbo but can't really give any feedback as i never rode the bike with the Dellorto,  but i can vouch for Mid Atlantic Trials  they give a brilliant service and they really help you, from their website they seem to have done one for a 320 so it should be fairly straightforward fitting, they will supply a selection of jets for fine tuning too. Don't buy the £25 ones from e  bay they are fakes and Mid Atlantic show you pics of the differences between the fakes and real OKO Most people report very good results on various makes after fitting an OKO.

Many Thanks

Geoff

• Like 1

I have used one on my Moto Gori tl320. It made the bike sharper of the bottom and seemed to give cleaner running this was purchased from Mid Atlantic Trials and was 28mm.

Since then I have tried a 26mm with the same jetting and found this the be more to my taste did not need the extra top end and sharpness from the 28mm since the stock carb is a 26mm. I have made a aluminum insert piece and used a car hose to couple the airbox to the carb as the rubber will not stretch over the carb inlet. This method stops water from getting in.

Here is what I did.

The OKO Carburettor has an air intake of 49 which means that the standard air boot will not stretch to fit over it. The method used was to use an over sleeve boot which is 50mm to 45mm the initial length of the boot was 75mm which needs to be cut down on both sides this should be done whilst fitting it to the bike. The boot ends up about 35mm in length.

The aluminium sleeve has an id of 35mm and two od's 39mm and  40mm. The 39mm has a length of 16mm and the 40mm a length of 3mm so giving an overall diameter of 19mm looks like a top hat spacer adjust this to suit your airbox and carb distance same with the length of the airbox rubber over sleeve.

The throttle cable outer is 1105mm and the inner to the cable nipple ends is 1205mm again adjust to your bike this is using a domino slow action throttle and 6 inch rise rental bars.

oko-carb.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sounds interesting, and yes you can get advantages by using flat slide carbs.

One step further is the use of SmartCarbs or Lectrons which have an even bigger effect,
I have now mounted two SC, one on my Panda (first one) and due to the great experience
now also on my Smilla and I'am very pleased and will never ever turn back, best benefit is
that you don't have to adjust anything beside idle or if you want to play with engine behavior
with the rod screw to get crisper or modarate/slower power output.

Costs are a different thing, you can get two and a half brand new Dell'Ortos for one
SmartCarb without preparation to get the unit fit to your bike, on the other Hand not
to hassle with jets during the year or in different locations is a great Benefit.

UbUeSZq70b349Tb_rHz22RorY5ew_OJnpEN3qkjw

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The carb cost £57 in January 19 this was from Scooter Assassins in Twain and no import to pay in the UK and is a genuine OKO. You would have to get some pilot, main and needles as the ones supplied are not the correct size. These can be brought in packs of ten different sizes and needle tapers  I have used Polini and they seem ok. So this could push the cost above the dellorto. The easy way is to purchase one from Mid Atlantic Trials.

On 1/16/2020 at 1:17 PM, FreeWheel said:

I have used one on my Moto Gori tl320. It made the bike sharper of the bottom and seemed to give cleaner running this was purchased from Mid Atlantic Trials and was 28mm.

Since then I have tried a 26mm with the same jetting and found this the be more to my taste did not need the extra top end and sharpness from the 28mm since the stock carb is a 26mm. I have made a aluminum insert piece and used a car hose to couple the airbox to the carb as the rubber will not stretch over the carb inlet. This method stops water from getting in.

Here is what I did.

The OKO Carburettor has an air intake of 49 which means that the standard air boot will not stretch to fit over it. The method used was to use an over sleeve boot which is 50mm to 45mm the initial length of the boot was 75mm which needs to be cut down on both sides this should be done whilst fitting it to the bike. The boot ends up about 35mm in length.

The aluminium sleeve has an id of 35mm and two od's 39mm and  40mm. The 39mm has a length of 16mm and the 40mm a length of 3mm so giving an overall diameter of 19mm looks like a top hat spacer adjust this to suit your airbox and carb distance same with the length of the airbox rubber over sleeve.

The throttle cable outer is 1105mm and the inner to the cable nipple ends is 1205mm again adjust to your bike this is using a domino slow action throttle and 6 inch rise rental bars.

oko-carb.jpg

Did you have to cut the stock air box boot down?

On 1/17/2020 at 5:10 AM, pschrauber said:

Sounds interesting, and yes you can get advantages by using flat slide carbs.

One step further is the use of SmartCarbs or Lectrons which have an even bigger effect,
I have now mounted two SC, one on my Panda (first one) and due to the great experience
now also on my Smilla and I'am very pleased and will never ever turn back, best benefit is
that you don't have to adjust anything beside idle or if you want to play with engine behavior
with the rod screw to get crisper or modarate/slower power output.

Costs are a different thing, you can get two and a half brand new Dell'Ortos for one
SmartCarb without preparation to get the unit fit to your bike, on the other Hand not
to hassle with jets during the year or in different locations is a great Benefit.

UbUeSZq70b349Tb_rHz22RorY5ew_OJnpEN3qkjw

I wish my SWM was set up as nice as yours! I’ve had no luck finding the Aprilia clutch cover. I will have to look at the cost of the smart carb, would be nice not to worry about jetting.