OKO Carburetors

dozerash

Couple of replies

It did not turn out to be cheaper than the Dellorto  but it does improve the response of the engine.

I did not cut the stock airbox boot thats way I made and aluminum sleeve and cut a car type reducer hose and over sleeved the original I figured that the reduction of the air inlet from 39mm down to 35mm would not  be to bad.

• Thanks 1

• 3 years later...
On 1/15/2020 at 8:16 AM, technowaldo said:

Put one on my 200 fantic and it totally transformed it but don’t buy a cheap one (£25 ) as they are a copy of a copy

There is the copy of the OKO and then a copy of the copy.  The copy of the OKO sells for around £25 but oddly the copy of the copy sells for £30 upward .I have 2X £25 ones and the quality of the casting and spigots , screws etc are better than the genuine Keihin ones In my opinion , also you can fit genuine Keihin jets to tune them , the only major problem I have come across with those £25 carbs being the slide supplied and the only one available is approximately a 2 or 2.5 cutaway? and so needs grinding out to the same spec as a genuine Keihin 3.5 or it runs a bit rich but having said that  can with the unmodified slide and suitable jetting run a good clean low idle for 10 mins or more without fouling a standard plug and with the air screw at 1 1/2 turns out. The only problem I had was with one of them dry sooting the plug due  to poor sealing on the choke/starter  piston rubber but after swapping it out for another cheap one from a 10 PIECE spares kit £13.98  it was cured. In my experience buying a cheap one saved me a lot of money for very similar results , 2 for the price of one and a voucher for a litre of expensive gearbox oil and a few other bits. Seems like a good deal to me. 

Edited by Tr1AL

14 hours ago, turbofurball said:

A good deal if you know enough to be able to sort any problems out yourself!  (as can be said for many cheap motorcycles, Chinese ones can be fine as long as you know how to fettle them yourself, and have the facilities to do so)

Very true , 

Why not go OE Dellorto?

Last time I bought a properly jetted, as in original spec' Dellorto is was £120 with delivery.....bolt on, no faff, good to go, enjoy for decades. 

Those OKOs are probably ok but some do have I issues with them, I know my Honda Camino runs a Wabron, a good copy of a butterfly Keihin, but, again some have no end of issues. 

Just a heads up.

😎

• Thanks 1