Beta 4T Evo differences over the years

jj80909

I am looking into buying a used Beta Evo 4t 300.  I know they changed the frame somewhere around 2012 when they went to hydro-forming? Have there been any other significant changes over the years?

Will a 2013 to 2019 be basically the same or are there years to avoid / updates to install?

I have the 2016 Factory 300 4T, changes To the newer ones include updated ecu (2019) expensive to update at 400$, newer throttle tube 2019 (got one, like it, 85$)  they changed the oil pump(106 U.S.$ update) for less engine breaking sometime around 2018. There are numerous small updates to the fork and shock dampening through the years. And of course Bold New Graphics.  I tried a 2019 Factory 3004t last year and yes the power was a little smoother than my bike, I liked mine better because i'm running an Ohlins shock that has been nicely setup over the years. Though i love my 4T for trail riding and training, when ever i jump onto my 2017 250 2T i can flick it around so much better and i am more competitive on a 2T. Recently tried a 2020 2T 300 super-smooth, and wow, what a bike, think that will be my next Beta. Long story shortened, if it's your first trials bike and it has low hours, well kept, good price then jump on it, but the newer the better.  If you have never ridden a 4 stroke you may not like it, took me a few years to get used to it and actually like it.