19 Sherco head stock issue, advice required

Renny

58 minutes ago, heffergm said:

You're going to need to find another Sherco to find out if you're at all unsure of your work. I would think that if things were really screwed up though, you'd have never gotten the forks back into the triple clamp. If there was anything other than normal resistance when you put them back in, I'd be worried.

Did you actually replace the races and the lower press fit bearing?

I was hoping someone on here had the same bike to put my mind at ease. Yes I did a full replacement cups and pressed bearing. Everything works fine, suspension, steering just looks strange. 

1 hour ago, thall1 said:

I’m assuming you didn’t need to prise open the stantion clamps on the yokes to slide the forks through both top and bottom yokes?... if you did then the head bearings aren’t set fully in the head stock 

No straining required they slide into position with ease. 

5 minutes ago, heffergm said:

Here's an old pic of mine. Seems to show the same effect... maybe? Sorry, don't have it anymore.

Schermata_2020-01-16_alle_3_25.04_PM.png

Thank you for supplying me this pic. I’ve been scanning the net trying to see the same bike closely. This pretty much clarifys that mine are ok then. Thanks again 

51 minutes ago, oldlegs said:

Did you unscrew the spindle from the bottom yolk? if so could the bottom yolk now be upside down, I'm just clutching at straws for you Steve.

No I never separated the spindle and bottom yolk. Manage to get the bottom bearing off without taking that step 

As your bike is only a year old I would start by checking another bike of the same age, also check at a dealer.

You couldn't misalign by that amount through two clamps let alone three!

I suspect Sherco have found a cheap solution to a problem!

How does it ride? If it's good don't worry about it.

Dick.

1 hour ago, dick said:

As your bike is only a year old I would start by checking another bike of the same age, also check at a dealer.

You couldn't misalign by that amount through two clamps let alone three!

I suspect Sherco have found a cheap solution to a problem!

How does it ride? If it's good don't worry about it.

Dick.

It does seem a lot to be misaligned through error or something wrong. I haven’t ridden it yet but will tomorrow. I’m at a trial Sunday so should be able to inspect  someone else’s bike. 

10 hours ago, thall1 said:

It might be that sherco have machined the fork mounting bores mot parallel to the steering spindle to open up the steering angle a bit?

Bingo, you are the winner! Sherco and others have used this trick for a long time, and it is normal!

On 1/17/2020 at 2:55 PM, oldlegs said:

Had time this morning to have a look at my Sherco stf 250 and it's the same as yours so good to go, at least you have brought it to our attention so if we strip ours down we know what to expect

Thanks for looking. ??