Bultaco Sherpa 159 front pipe replacement.

1961greeves

Hi, I have a Model159 Sherpa. I would like to fit a Sammy Miller (Feked.com) middle silencer. Does anyone know where I could buy a front pipe to suit that silencer? My own front pipe is in poor condition. I saw a Model 92 front pipe on Inmotion's website and emailed them to see if it could be used. i got a message back to say it would not fit.

IMG_3170.jpg

When the M159 came out the 350 Sherpa used a bigger bore pipe so earlier model pipes won't fit. You can't buy just a front pipe for the M159 pnwards as the pipe and middle box were a complete unit. You'll need to source another and then cut the silencer off to use the Fecked one. Never tried one so don't know what's involved. The pipe will need to be from the same model, as from 1978 and the model 199, the shape and length of the front pipe changed and may not fit a 159. The manifold was also a different fitting on the later bikes, being bolt on, not slip on with springs. The M182 and M191 are the same bike as a 159 so a pipe off those will fit.

But why the Fecked pipe? If the original silencer has lost its silencing, better to repack that, I can't see any advantage to using the aftermarket one.

• Like 2

If you can't find a decent second hand pipe and still want to use the Feked silencer, a new front pipe for your bike would be a fairly easy thing for a tradesman to make, especially if there is your old one to copy the shape from. As a for-instance, I've seen front pipes for Bultacos and Italjets made from pre-curved architectural tubing (thin wall stainless steel handrail material) that look excellent

• Like 1

On 1/17/2020 at 12:16 PM, feetupfun said:

I see Frankie Mountain sells new pipes for your bike

What sort of a Telephone number is he looking for it, his prices are completely off the wall!

Out of curiosity has anyone ever bought anything from him?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, model80 said:

What sort of a Telephone number is he looking for it, his prices are completely off the wall!

Why don't you just look for yourself? I already looked once and thought the price was similar to prices for exhausts from other places.

On 1/19/2020 at 10:02 PM, feetupfun said:

Why don't you just look for yourself? I already looked once and thought the price was similar to prices for exhausts from other places.

I really couldn’t bother my behind, as I gave up looking at his ads years ago. But if you want to spend your money with him go right ahead, it’s a relatively free world last time I checked . ?

6 hours ago, model80 said:

I really couldn’t bother my behind, as I gave up looking at his ads years ago. But if you want to spend your money with him go right ahead, it’s a relatively free world last time I checked . ?

My behind is of a similar disposition

• 1 month later...
On 1/20/2020 at 2:54 AM, model80 said:

Had to have a peek to see what the fuss was all about.

Jeez, anybody got any Kleenex?
Concur, eye watering....?

• Haha 2