Gas123

gas123

Hi, I'm a new owner of a 199b, 350, 1979, it has alpine seat and long range tank but it's a sherpa as far as I know, looking to get a certificate of authenticity/dating certificate, I want to road register it after the rebuild, can anyone direct me on this matter please, is there a UK owners club apart from the Facebook page?

Hi, Gas - 

Your first port-of-call is Dave Renham at Inmotion Trials. who should be able to date the machine from engine/frame numbers.

If it's '79  (and a 5-speed) it's unlikely to be a 199B (6-speed)  - these didn't appear until 1981.

HTH

Edited by lorenzo

On 1/18/2020 at 8:07 AM, gas123 said:

Hi, I'm a new owner of a 199b, 350, 1979, it has alpine seat and long range tank but it's a sherpa as far as I know, looking to get a certificate of authenticity/dating certificate, I want to road register it after the rebuild, can anyone direct me on this matter please, is there a UK owners club apart from the Facebook page?

Hi gas123 and welcome,

As lorenzo said contact InMotion for your official date authentication.
In the mean time there is more than sufficient knowledge here amongst the members of this forum to give you a unofficial yet extremely accurate identification.
Why not post up the engine and Frame number and we’ll give it a bash

Your numbers should start 199 and end with either no letter, A, or B.
A photo of the bike will also get even more detail, for you. 

Edited by model80