16 Vertigo Combat 300 won't start

jeong won lee

Hello.
I'm the only vertigo in South Korea. It doesn't start, so ask a question
Unplug the magnetic kill switch to wake up the ecu 
When the map led blinks constantly, I  kickstar.
Then the map led will blink very fast and the start will not start

I want to know why
9v battery replaced with new one
The plug was also replaced with a new one.

I used Google Translator

Anyong ha seo Jeong Won, It is easier to press the push kill button to wake up the ECU, it will then be energised for 7 seconds (I think it was 7 but may be a few more) by the battery. When the Map light blinks constantly, quickly, that is an indication that the battery power is too low. You need to have a re-chargeable 9v battery on those older bikes that provides enough current, 9v 200mA or similar. I have used a standard non re-chargable 9v battery in an emergency but the bike was always best with the re-chargeable. Just to get the motor going, there is a 12vDC plug under the petrol flap that you can hook in a 12v battery into. There could be other reasons why your bike does not start. Was the bike working when you got it?

peterb answers Thank you so much.
When the bike came, it started well. Thank you so much for the answer ....
The 9v battery was replaced with a new one. Still, the led is blinking fast.
 there is a 12vDC plug under the petrol flap that you can hook in a 12v battery into?
How do you know which parts are connected to your 12v?
Attached parts list. Thank you for telling us which part number you connect to 12v.
Which 12v battery should I use? rc car  battery?
Sorry I do not know so much.

parts_book_combat_camo_works_2016_new.pdf_page_18.jpg

1 hour ago, peterb said:

Anyong ha seo Jeong Won, It is easier to press the push kill button to wake up the ECU, it will then be energised for 7 seconds (I think it was 7 but may be a few more) by the battery. When the Map light blinks constantly, quickly, that is an indication that the battery power is too low. You need to have a re-chargeable 9v battery on those older bikes that provides enough current, 9v 200mA or similar. I have used a standard non re-chargable 9v battery in an emergency but the bike was always best with the re-chargeable. Just to get the motor going, there is a 12vDC plug under the petrol flap that you can hook in a 12v battery into. There could be other reasons why your bike does not start. Was the bike working when you got it?

hello peterb.

Thank you very much for your answer.
 there is a 12vDC plug under the petrol flap that you can hook in a 12v battery into?
I wrote again. I put the parts list picture
I would appreciate it if you could tell me which number to connect 12v to Can 12v batteries use rc car batteries?
I'm so sorry for not knowing

3 hours ago, peterb said:

hello peterb

12v jack asks if it's right here

Does the circle in the picture match the arrow on the parts list?
If correct. Which 12V battery should I use?
Can I use an rc car battery?

20200119_132323_HDR.jpg

20200119_132334_HDR.jpg

parts_book_combat_camo_works_2016_new.pdf_page_18.jpg

Yes, that is the correct plug circled. Black wire is the negative, red wire is the positive. You can use any car/motorcycle 12 vDC battery to start the motor then disconnect this before riding. When you park the bike after finishing your ride, leave the magnetic kill button in place on the switch otherwise leaving it off drains the battery. Your Vertigo 9v battery should be a re-chargeable type. Bye, Peter B.

• Haha 1

• 3 years later...