4 Ride Enduro Edition

riffraffretro

S3 manufacture a replacement high level enduro mudguard for the 4 Ride, but at £100 plus it's seriously more costly than buying standard bodywork from the likes of UFO, Polisport, etc. Has anyone had experience of making the change using a generic motocross type mudguard? I'm happy to pay the price for their gear selector kit, considering the engineering involved, but 100 quid for a plastic fender just doesn't seem right.

Yes, it's the absence of threaded mounting holes located in the lower section of the steering head that necessitates a different solution. Fair play to S3 for working out a fix, but at £100 a pop, it'll be a few hours spent in the shed with some aluminium plate, an assortment of tools, lots of trial and error and a standard MX fender for me.

51 minutes ago, riffraffretro said:

Yes, it's the absence of threaded mounting holes located in the lower section of the steering head that necessitates a different solution. Fair play to S3 for working out a fix, but at £100 a pop, it'll be a few hours spent in the shed with some aluminium plate, an assortment of tools, lots of trial and error and a standard MX fender for me.

The good thing is that it looks like once you have the S3 kit a standard MX type fender with the 4 bolt setup would mount right up.  I admit I am not a fan of the high fenders and if mud between the tire and fender was my consern I would get something to space up the finder a bit.

Though that is a bit pricey so don't blame you for deciding you want to sort it out yourself. 

Edited by jonnyc21

28 minutes ago, sportsawyer said:

Can you get a standard MX fender with the "rear ventilation" for the 4RIDE's single, center mounted radiator?

That would fill up with mud and crap, pronto

Personally I would keep the low mudguard and fit spacers/longer bolts, to improve clearance

• Like 1