classification

the dabster

I think you could enter whatever route / class you wanted (except Twinshock / Pre65 if you arent on a suitable bike).  It may be for a no award particularly if it was an Expert riding the White route.  I would suggest unless you are graded, everyone is a clubman, ride what you want.

12 hours ago, the dabster said:

Hi, is it permissible for an over 50 rider to ride in the clubman group for instance as an alternative to 0/50 clubman route? would it be possible to ride in a club or national championship doing this?

Thanks in anticipation.

There is no official definition of a Clubman. The only defined categories (according to their latest standing regs)  the SACU places riders in are novice, nonexpert and expert.  I have not seen any event give an award for best novice or best nonexpert, as they traditionally did, for many years.  However, the SACU seems to run national championships for Sportsman, Sportsman Over 40 and Clubman classes.  It must be left to the conscience of the individual, a bit like the self-observing. Though that seems to give rise to some "interesting" interpretations of the rules.

The classes are gey odd as I would  say. Having 3 grades A,B and C to match the routes and forget all the name tags would be my ideal set up.

To answer the question you could ride clubman don't think you need to ride any age related category.

3 hours ago, breagh said:

The classes are gey odd as I would  say. Having 3 grades A,B and C to match the routes and forget all the name tags would be my ideal set up.

To answer the question you could ride clubman don't think you need to ride any age related category.

Thanks, that is what I meant but didn't make a very good job of wording it.  I want to ride clubman but not the over 50 category even though I am over 50 but wouldn't do it obviously if it excluded me from being able to score points at a championship trial.