Italjet id required

Twinshockandy

Have just picked up an italjet rolling chassis (with TY50 engine installed), can anyone id model (details taken from headstock) Italjet 25969 and underneath U6M 5U135 UM  Read these through paint, so maybe's slightly different.

Another odd feature is fuel tank is in two halves, so two fuel taps and two filler caps,

Chassis is painted blue and tank(s) are green plastic. wheel rims are gold.

machine was brought  for a project...........but frame seems too good to alter, so anyone interested ?

Andy 

12 hours ago, Twinshockandy said:

Which model is this ?, Certainly looks same, will try and get some pics today.

There are photos and for sale postings when you search using Google Images. For dating your bike, if it has gold rims then most likely it would be from the same year that the bigger Italjet trials bikes had gold rims. Italjet trials bikes were only made for a few years 82 - 84 I think. I searched on "Italjet mini trials". Here's another photo

bf57150a7cd375080a59cc83b56c864e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, feetupfun said:

There are photos and for sale postings when you search using Google Images. For dating your bike, if it has gold rims then most likely it would be from the same year that the bigger Italjet trials bikes had gold rims. Italjet trials bikes were only made for a few years 82 - 84 I think. I searched on "Italjet mini trials". Here's another photo

bf57150a7cd375080a59cc83b56c864e.jpg

Cheers for that,............I did actually think of google pic's search after posting thread. Was hoping to fit a slightly larger cc motor into frame (ty50 fitted at the mo) but it would involve a certain amount of altering.............so I'll offer it for sale (when I get some pic's done), if no takers maybe's I'll re-think.

• 2 weeks later...

MODEL 50T
The homologation number is 50.135. 
Production from July 1980 till October 1982 with ca. 1,500 mopeds produced.
The Chassis number begins with the number 25.001.

The original motor is by Minarelli, like the others SWM, Aprilia and Fantic, but different modificated.

There has been a version with 80ccm too.

Regards Peter

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, psla said:

MODEL 50T
The homologation number is 50.135. 
Production from July 1980 till October 1982 with ca. 1,500 mopeds produced.
The Chassis number begins with the number 25.001.

The original motor is by Minarelli, like the others SWM, Aprilia and Fantic, but different modificated.

There has been a version with 80ccm too.

Regards Peter

Thanks Peter.