Montesa 4rt S3 magic start choke reviews

philclelland

The Honda ECU is a pretty clever piece of engineering and will alter the fueling to suit the temp and conditions. Don't see any need at all to mess with something HONDA has developed.

If it aint broke don't fix it. A well serviced and looked after Monty will never ever let you down.

• Like 3

I see it is used (with the choke function) to increase revs and thus make starting easier.  Given how important the correct tickover is to good starting on the 4RT I can't see that raising tickover beyond a correctly set level would improve starting. However, the ability to adjust tickover by using the wheel would be useful, as I find it increases over a period, but not £80 quid useful.

But I would be interested to hear from someone who has used the device.

Edited by 2stroke4stroke
  • Like 1

Not sure if I am correct but as its listed as a 4 Ride part by S3 this would seem like its setup for a bike that has the road kit installed to help with starting in the lean condition that is created by the emissions components.  If this is the case I don't see it as being something that would help a 300RR.  But then again, maybe I am missing something?

• Like 1

I saw this on the S3 website earlier and wondered what it was, too.

No issues with starting my 4-Ride, hot or cold - zero throttle and a firm, progressive 'sweep' sees it firing-up second kick, every time.

S3 kit is usually bang on the money, so maybe things will deteriorate with age/use and starting will become more difficult as time and hours rack-up?

To be honest I was just curious as to what use they would be on a fuel injection system. Not really a great deal of information on S3 website. Only had my 300rr a month and itching to do first trial with it. Only managed to ride it round the garden as I have not got towbar fitted yet. Thanks for your insight 

• Like 1