apico linkage, anyone using it.

monteeman

Hello, im going through my 300rr from front to back, checking everything out, and have discovered that the rear linkage bearings were least greased, just before it left the factory lol. 

Needless to say the bearings and seals are toast, along with the top hat bushes. great...….

Looking at the linkage its had a hit to the side, a scrape, which would allow water in at the seal , which wouldn't have helped. 

I spotted the apico linkages , for 60 quid, complete with bearings and seals, and im gonna have to get a linkage anyway, so I suppose i'll just have to buy the bushes if I go down this route. 

Question is, has anyone used them? are they any good or would I be better bending over for a original equipment linkage?

cheers

There is a lad on the montesa 4rt fb page with one, seems happy enough with it. the one with the sealed bearings inside it.

Well the apico one arrived and I have to say, it looks well made. im just waiting for new bushes for it, as the old ones were toast.

its pretty unbelievable how some people can neglect brand new bikes. This one is 2 years old and I would wager that its never even seen a bit of grease..

Im guessing my swingarm bearings are the same...… still at least when its done , i'll know its done..