Engine mount nut and a couple other questions GG 280

Bauer

Hello all

I realized this weekend that my 280 was missing the nut from the front motor mount - according to the exploded diagram, and the image I was able to find, the "special M10 nut" is indeed a unique design. I'm wondering if anyone has ever just used a regular lock nut and washer combo? Perhaps you'd have to get a slightly longer bolt? Looks like there are two "special" M10 nuts - the regular, and the 1,5 that is for the rear engine mount

Secondly - does anyone sell (or had anyone here put together) a hardware pack of the most used fasteners?

Lastly - my spark plug wire is pretty loose on the plug - is there anything special about the design, or can it be swapped with one I can (hopefully) source locally?

thanks!

Michael

Hello Michael, that front engine mount nut is a speciall shape to fit inside the mounting lug. The nut looks like a piece of rod with two flats machined at one end and threaded M10, unsure of the pitch but possibly 1.25. Best to use the original nut, a regular nut would not fit. Not heard of anyone selling packs of regular fasteners. Do you mean the HT lead is loose into the plug cap or that the plug cap is loose on the plug. Some of those caps are made to fit on the threaded top of a plug while others are made to fit onto the "nut" on top of the plug. It could be that you need to investigate this. Bye, Peter B.

54 minutes ago, peterb said:

Hello Michael, that front engine mount nut is a speciall shape to fit inside the mounting lug. The nut looks like a piece of rod with two flats machined at one end and threaded M10, unsure of the pitch but possibly 1.25. Best to use the original nut, a regular nut would not fit. Not heard of anyone selling packs of regular fasteners. Do you mean the HT lead is loose into the plug cap or that the plug cap is loose on the plug. Some of those caps are made to fit on the threaded top of a plug while others are made to fit onto the "nut" on top of the plug. It could be that you need to investigate this. Bye, Peter B.

Thanks Peter - I'll have to source one of the original nuts

As for the plug...the plug wire I have is make to sit on top of the threaded part of the plug, not the "nut" that goes over it. That said, it's still a lot looser than I would expect. I may be able to crimp it a bit with super skinny needle nose pliers, but I'd also probably pick up another wire

Michael

3 minutes ago, lineaway said:

Just buy a new spark plug cap. It just screws into the wire.

I was wondering about that - I saw lots of caps when I did some looking around but wasn't able to find a wire unit that was similar enough. Is the 5k resistor built in to the current cap? So I'd need to look for a 5k replacement?

Edited by Bauer