Arai Pro Shop

Dualta

I bought an L-size (59-60cm) Arai trials helmet some time ago, but it’s a little tight from front to back. All my other helmets, none of which are Arai, are the same measurement but fit well. I’ve hear Arai Pro Shop services adjust helmets to fit, but has anyone any experience of having them adjust a tight helmet to fit a larger head? I would ask the local shop directly, but I don’t speak the local language well enough yet. It’s not an english speaking country, 

17 minutes ago, nhuskys said:

Is it a European Market Penta or a Japanese Market Hyper-T?  The head shape is different on both, with the Penta more oval and the Hyper-T more round.

It’s a Hyper T, and I’ve an intermediate oval head.  I can get it on, but it’s a little tight. The XL was too large by far. I’m wondering if the padding can be replaced to give me even just a few millimeters extra space. 

If you remove the liner, you’ll see how thin the padding is for front and rear. There’s no real ability to adjust it.

I went through all this, as I bought a Hyper- T Pro on the internet. It was quite a bit less expensive, than a Penta Pro ordered from European site.  Arai Europe confirmed the difference in shell shape, when I inquired. I sold the helmet, and went back to an Airoh TTR.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, nhuskys said:

If you remove the liner, you’ll see how thin the padding is for front and rear. There’s no real ability to adjust it.

I went through all this, as I bought a Hyper- T Pro on the internet. It was quite a bit less expensive, than a Penta Pro ordered from European site.  Arai Europe confirmed the difference in shell shape, when I inquired. I sold the helmet, and went back to an Airoh TTR.

Yeah, being honest with myself, I saw this too. I was just hoping I might hear something different/ It wasn't a cheap helmet, even here in Japan. I've identified a trials store with a decent selection of helmets an hour and a half's drive away. I'll go there to have a browse. Thanks for the advice. 

• Like 2