Sherco TY 125

sherco70

I bought one for the Wife. Our daughter has also used it for competitions. They both like it especially for the electric start.

They are a little heavier than the 2 stroke bikes,  but you soon get used to them.

Some of the parts are very basic, ie: Rear brake pedal. But everthing works.

I have to laugh as I always think of the States as the centre of everything yet  it's patently a backwater on the Trials front.

I stay in  a out of the way place in Scotland yet I've a Scorpa dealer a TRS dealer a chap that's a TY Yam spares guru another that can source Sherco's and Gas Gas's  and a very nice chap that has these new Chinese trials bikes that I can't spell in stock not more than half an hour's drive away.

Mind you if I stayed over there I probably wouldn't trial more likely do Enduro or Trail Ride, maybe we just do Trials because space is limited.

ps If you want a Beta or an Oset it's about an hour though you have a choice of dealers. 

Edited by breagh
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, breagh said:

I have to laugh as I always think of the States as the centre of everything yet  it's patently a backwater on the Trials front.

I stay in  a out of the way place in Scotland yet I've a Scorpa dealer a TRS dealer a chap that's a TY Yam spares guru another that can source Sherco's and Gas Gas's  and a very nice chap that has these new Chinese trials bikes that I can't spell in stock not more than half an hour's drive away.

Mind you if I stayed over there I probably wouldn't trial more likely do Enduro or Trail Ride, maybe we just do Trials because space is limited.

ps If you want a Beta or an Oset it's about an hour though you have a choice of dealers. 

Depends on where you live in the States?  I live in a rural part of NY, that prides itself on being centrally isolated. There is less than an hour away to the west,  a TRS dealer.  And same distance to the east, a dealer with Beta, Sherco, Scorpa, Jotagas, Vertigo, Tenaci Wong, Oset, and a huge stock of non current parts for Aprilla, Scorpa and Fantic It's a 2 hour drive to the Gas Gas dealer though. You can ride a trial of some sort every weekend, from April to October and not drive further than an hour and a half. Many World Round were 20 miles from my house, and many more National Championship rounds. But if you lived 5 hour south of here, you'd think trials didn't exist in the USA.

Edited by nhuskys
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was looking at a new Sherco TY 125 yesterday , fancying one because of the electric start, the dealer was very honest and said they were a toy and soon over heated when used out of the breeze in the woods because of the small air cooled fins.

Hi there

Had mine since late 2019, and suits me fine (at 53)..

Great to ride on easy route (electric start is great), I can finish a trial and still feel like I could ride another lap, simple maintenance .....and 30-40% cheaper than other new bikes !

oh.....and I got a podium at the weekend and a mention in TMX !:thumbup:

cheers

John 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Local dealer had one and sold it just when I started to think seriously about purchasing, and like I said now the Sherco importer has stated he doesn't plan to bring the TY classic in for next year. As far as over heating? I would think that would not be an issue in trials, as the machines get to set between actual riding the sections.  For now it seems I will just check the used machines to see if one turns up that were imported. I noticed a UK shop, Hanson Racing, I believe, that has battery and e-start wire harness elimination kits, so makes for a 3-4 lb wt loss probably, and cleans up the machine for trials only use. 

Art  

Edited by sherco70
error

• 4 months later...

For the price they are awesome bikes,

negatives: down on power, tyres are crap need changing to a X11 also the rears tubed, front header pipe a little vulnerable but mines been converted so ok now. rear brake lever is crap.

positives: price, electric start, easy to ride without a clutch, for a lower grade rider it will save you heaps of points over a Factory 300, if your ability level is a 1M log its just as easy to get over as on a 250 2st. Just add petrol and away you go.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2020 at 4:51 PM, sherco70 said:

Local dealer had one and sold it just when I started to think seriously about purchasing, and like I said now the Sherco importer has stated he doesn't plan to bring the TY classic in for next year. As far as over heating? I would think that would not be an issue in trials, as the machines get to set between actual riding the sections.  For now it seems I will just check the used machines to see if one turns up that were imported. I noticed a UK shop, Hanson Racing, I believe, that has battery and e-start wire harness elimination kits, so makes for a 3-4 lb wt loss probably, and cleans up the machine for trials only use. 

Art  

There is a new owner for Sherco/Scorpa importer in USA my local dealer said they will order the TY125 Classic for a dealer/customer but will not stock it.