Beta Rev 3 270 2008 vs Cota 4rt 250 2008

JF4rt

Hi! I am getting back into trials bike and i would like to know what you guys think about these bikes.

I found a Beta rev3 270 2008 for 3200 $ CND and a Montesa Cota 4rt 250 2008 for 4100 $ CND they both are in pretty good shape, but they were not ridden a lot in the past couple years. No much signs of corrosion, mostly normal use scratches. 

Do you think it's worth the money, or I should put a little more for a newer bike, like a 2016 Vertigo combat 300cc for 5000 CND

Thanks a lot for your advices! 

JF

Screenshot_20200130_145254_com.facebook.katana.jpg

89025183_614.jpg

• Like 1

Being a 270 the Beta may be a bit much powerwise but you'd need to have a decent ride on it to find out. The Mont has the reputation of being really hard to find traction for a lot of riders, you really need to try both bikes to find which is easier to live with.

I'd steer clear of the 300 if you're a returning rider who has been away for a number of years although the price difference for a 8 year newer bike would be worth it. See if you can find a similar 250 

Edited by tony27

I agree with ride them as see.   Though I am a 4RT fan and unless its been abused I would side that way.  

Also worth note is that, unless I am remembering wrong, the Beta Rev3's do not have linkage and have a PDS like shock.  This isn't bad but I find I really don't gel with them as well as the newer Evo's and other bikes with linkage by comparison.  

Edited by jonnyc21

Thanks a lot! I finally just bought a trs one 300 2016 for 5000 CDN. I had a lot of fun trying a vertigo combat.. Interesting bike! Very smooth.. But the TRS is exactly the bike that I needed.

Loving it!! 

Cheers

IMG_20200207_185206.jpg

IMG_20200207_185228.jpg

• Like 2