Air filter on 2017 Sherco?

Len

25 minutes ago, Len said:

Also any thoughts on using TFR spray to do deep clean in bike? 

Been washing bikes with TFR for the last 15 years. Nothing cleans like it, BUT! be careful with your dilution, and especially on bare aluminium such as barrels, silencers, radiators as it does stain if left on too long at too high a concentration (nothing a polish won't correct but id rather not have to). I seen a guy ruin a whole beta rev3 frame due to it. I usually spray tyres and plastics first, engine last, then rinse engine off first, so it doesn't get longer than a minute or so on aluminium parts. And never put it on neat, i usually mix around 10-1

Sometimes i use a snow foam with a brush if im doing something classic with lots of bare alloy. Not quite as good, but safer

Edited by faussy
  • Thanks 1

Hi there, 

I had a 2017 Factory 250 and all I can say is that its a very tricky procedure to remove and replace the air filter. There is very little room inside the airbox to get your hand and the retaining screw can be difficult to undo/replace. 

Make a note of the position of the cage and filter when you take them out and make sure that they go back exactly the same way. Once you have done it a few times it gets a little easier, it's a case of remembering the technique and repeating it. 

Good luck..... 

• Thanks 1

Well thanks for getting back to me lads, still not tackled it but just didn't know if that was a screw head that comes out the filter because it didn't seem to turn or what but thankyou! 

9 hours ago, Len said:

Well thanks for getting back to me lads, still not tackled it but just didn't know if that was a screw head that comes out the filter because it didn't seem to turn or what but thankyou! 

It is a screw, about 30mm long, with a knurled head.  Tricky to get out but great fun to put back in!