Sign in to follow this  
lineaway

New Holiday BREXIT

Congratulations on a Free country again! I am watching your PM live in London! Brexit 1/31/2020  !!!!!

Let's celebrate stupidity.  You first.  Oh yes.  Trump - you are there already.

Have a nice weekend.

Yay!  Freedom from healthcare, worker's rights, food standards, and the ability to live in any of 28 countries without having to get a visa ... it'll be great.

I'm glad I got out while I could, I feel sorry for British kids who won't grow up with the same opportunities I had, and I worry about the friends I left behind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Well we've rejected Europe and are hoping to keep things sweet with the US.

Certainly one thing in common none of us can make a bike that we could take of road without being laughed at.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The future is Dnepr.  I am sure Mr Putin will sell us them.  Maybe after a while they will outsource the factory to the UK to save on labour costs.

• Haha 1

On 1/31/2020 at 10:36 PM, lineaway said:

Congratulations on a Free country again! I am watching your PM live in London! Brexit 1/31/2020  !!!!!

Not really a free country yet. During the so-called transition period we have all the disadvantages of EU membership without many of the advantages. And now the EU wants another £1 billion out of us this year because our economy is doing well! Freedom comes at the end of the year.

14 hours ago, turbofurball said:

Yay!  Freedom from healthcare, worker's rights, food standards, and the ability to live in any of 28 countries without having to get a visa ... it'll be great.

I'm glad I got out while I could, I feel sorry for British kids who won't grow up with the same opportunities I had, and I worry about the friends I left behind.

Well now you can exchange your sorrow for the 25% of young people who are unemployed in Spain. Workers rights are not much good without a job.

• Like 3

I read that the UK is looking at free trade for the future. Is that going to influence the buying of most trials imports over the 11 month transition period? Here in the USA it's tariffs/taxes as we don't seem to manufacturer much.

50 minutes ago, sherco70 said:

I read that the UK is looking at free trade for the future. Is that going to influence the buying of most trials imports over the 11 month transition period? Here in the USA it's tariffs/taxes as we don't seem to manufacturer much.

The UK is (until 31.12.20) a member of the world's biggest free trade bloc.  Since most trials bike originate in the EU (primarily Spain) it's hard to see whether the changes (whatever they may be) will do much until next year.  The "free trade" you read about is a media construction, part of a campaign to persuade people to do something against the country's better interests.  I would image the most likely outcome is a trade deal with the US that impedes our current trade with the EU27.  That said I doubt we will put tariffs on imports to any great extent unless we slip into WTO status.  The problem is not going to be buying stuff; it is going to be how we pay for it.  If (as seems likely) we are unable to export as much to the EU27 as we currently do then our currency value will most likely fall and so the price of a GasGas/Beta/TRS will go up for us even though it is the same price in Euros.

• Thanks 1

On 1/31/2020 at 10:36 PM, lineaway said:

We have always been a free country, have you ever set foot in our wonderful land?

1 hour ago, sherco70 said:

The EU is a protectionist economic region, outside of it we could be in trouble. We want as near to a free trade agreement as we have now without any of the cost. take a wild guess if the club members (eu26) will agree?

6 hours ago, trapezeartist said:

Not really a free country yet. During the so-called transition period we have all the disadvantages of EU membership without many of the advantages. And now the EU wants another £1 billion out of us this year because our economy is doing well! Freedom comes at the end of the year.

You do know brexit has cost us £130bn already (gov figures).

So @trapezeartist what will be better for you after brexit?

32 minutes ago, nigel dabster said:

We have always been a free country, have you ever set foot in our wonderful land?

No, my boss spent 45 days in 2017 on his honeymoon and enjoyed it very much. I have been all over the world while in the Navy, but never made it to the U.K. Of course most of us had relatives that came over from G.B. and Scotland, Holland, France and Sweden. And being a trials rider all my life I keep a close watch of events.