Fantic Identification.

Gwill007

Can anyone advise. Im after as much information as possible on the bike I am restoring. I know it is a Fantic 200 FM350 but any additional info would be welcome.

The chassis number is DGM 19461 OM also Fantic 350 stamped along side the chassis number, engine number 0001620 and the date stamp under the tank is 1979-9

What I would like to find out if possible are all the numbers matching and its date of manufacture. I bought the bike as a non runner with a box of bits.

Thanks in advance

IMG_3050.JPG

Edited by Gwill007
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, furse said:

There should be more numbers on the frame, they are faint you may need to remove the paint, run along side the dgm number, why do you want to know the year? They are all the same really, 

I did not notice any additional numbers when I got the bike. The frame has now been powder coated so that will not be coming off. I just want to find as much info on the bike as possible. Cheers.

• 1 month later...

It looks like your date is about right. The earlier forks with the single pinch bolt but looks like the later steering head set up. I don't think the later post 80 models had the tool box brackets either. Looking good though, is the frame ral 3000 or 3020?