beta rev 50 (rev and go)

viva 1

Hi guys just wondering if anyone can help 

i have a beta rev 50 rev and go its about 2000

i have changed the crank seals both sides and it wont start there is fuel and spark but it wont go is there timing to adjust on these even though they are centrifugal clutch ?

didn't see any marks any help would be much appreciated i have a young man desperate to charge round

Was it running when you put it away ?

Have you tried a new plug ?

The timing should be fixed, look for tell tale marks incase it has moved.

Check the woodruff key is present and flywheel tight.

Check the reed valve (assuming it has one) petals are in good nick, no air leaks.

What does the plug look like, this might give an indication of the problem.

Is the exhaust clean internally ?

Has it got compression ?

Is the carb clean, and does the choke work ?

Have you tried a small amount of petrol down the plug hole ?

Edited by b40rt

hi thanks for the reply it was running in the first place but would only tick over at very high revs otherwise it would cut out i had a look at the carb and decided because they were only £30 i would replace it it ran again but exactly the same as before. someone suggested it could be leaking crank seals so i have replaced them both there was a wood ruff key  on the left hand side and that was intact  but i could see nothing on the centrifugal clutch side no marks that i could see so i striped it replaced the seal and put it back together but since this it wont start theres fuel and a good spark. if you try kicking it for a bit with or without choke the plug seems wet it is a new one and i have tried swapping it for another no joy i used to be a car mechanic and thought this would be a piece of cake but its now driving me mad any suggestions much appreciated    Phil