Oset 20 newb

stevos758

I just got a used 20, the batteries are pretty much shot but rode it 3 times for 10 ish mins. The foot peg mounts are bending and the bolts are coming loose. Im a little over the weight limit at 240. wondering if I shouldn't just weld some on or is there another way? I have a CNC in my garage so I may try making some brackets that use all 4 mounting holes before i perm mod this thing. Also wondering what the recommended AGM batteries are. i cant spend 1k on a battery upgrade right now since I was lucky enough to find 3 used osets in the last month. I am also thinking about making a rear brake pedal mod getting crafty. Man when I pull this thing off the charger the first 2 mins the wheel lifts up on its own with ease with me on it! So much fun!

Your never to old to ride a kids bike. I bought this for my wife mainly and my kids to grow into it after they grow out of the 12.5 and 16. but you know im going to ride the crap out of it when im not riding my big boy bikes, cant ride those in the basement.... : )

On a side note I just got off the phone with oset. They acknowledge a week point in the older models and said people just weld them on and never look back. They also acknowledged my batteries are shot. I just was not sure what to expect. The rep said he was 300lbs and rides a 24 almost daily and has no issues with the new style welded pegs.

• 2 months later...

Hi iv adult proofed a 20r, i moved the peg mounts right back and welded them in place and added some extra gusset welds around the area, iv also fitted a 24r swingarm and rear hub, upgraded the shock to a fox air shock and binned the **** oset front forks and put some marzocchi 55 on it, the wheelbase is a fair bit longer and generally better all round. 

• Like 1