Compression damping rod 2012 GG

elemetal

I've got a friend who does suspensions here in the states and took on the rebuild of a set of 40mm Marzocci's off a 2012 txt pro.  Somehow he managed to snap off the flat blade screwdriver end of the aluminum insert at the end of the compression damping rod.   He was unable to find a replacement here in the States and asked me about it as I ride trials.  Last time I called Marzocci USA about parts for my 2014 GG enduro they were of no help and soon to discontinue supplying forks and parts for dirtbikes.  Anyone out there have a good source for replacing that damping rod?

Thanks in advance.

IMG_0469.jpg

I heard the same thing about Marzocchi discontinuing parts, but what I don't understand is that new Scorpa's (non factory version) come with Marzocchi's? 

So shouldn't the Scorpa parts dealers be able to order replacement fork parts?  

....wait a second, just read your screen name Luke what's up buddy!!!  I think there is a Marzocchi dealer in Scotts Valley but if I recall correctly I called them a few years ago about buying sanchion bushings and they said they only sell mountain bike forks.

Would hacksawing a screwdriver slot in what's left work?

There's an oring and orifice in the 1/4" long section that is missing in the pic, I don't think you can just re-slot that end.

Hey Mark, that info you got from the Scott's valley dealer was the same I got from Marzocci USA in LA a couple of years ago.  They had some stiffer springs for my forks but said all the parts they had were the only stuff they were going to get; all of it was switching to MTB only.  Didn't know that about the Scorpa, will have to cal RYP and see what's up; my factory has techs.

One other idea, try calling Jim Snell. He had a spare dampening rod he sold me for cheap after I stupidly leaned the fork on it's side (doing an fork oil change) and the brass piece was resting against a box. It was a little bent so I decided to replace it.

Good suggestion, Mark.  Do you still have the brass piece as that is what he needs, may be able straighten it.  Did and interweb search and found this pic...from you from ADVrider when you did your 2010 a couple of year ago.  Small damn world aint it?

Screenshot_2020-02-07 Marzocchi Fork Maintenance De-Mystefied .png

7 hours ago, elemetal said:

Good suggestion, Mark.  Do you still have the brass piece as that is what he needs, may be able straighten it.  Did and interweb search and found this pic...from you from ADVrider when you did your 2010 a couple of year ago.  Small damn world aint it?

Let me check around my garage and see. Might still have it somewhere..... 

Edited by mbeers6