Sherco 2020 125 factory clutch

mudplugger124

I have just got a new 2020 125 factory for my son he has small hands, with the long orginal Braktec, the clutch was light but he had problem reaching the lever when out when I adjusted it in bit the bitting point was was near fully in. I changed it to a Apico short but this made the clutch very heavy but the bitting point was perfect.

is there any other lever that would suit better or anything else to help.

You will have to shorten the push pin. That is the part that pushes in the piston on the M/C. Just try a little at a time.

PS. the S3 digit levers have a narrow blade which also will help.

Edited by lineaway

Something else you could consider is stepping up to a larger master cylinder to push more fluid volume? I have tiny hands as well and have S3 digit levers on my stock 290. I really like them but I don’t know if they actually change the lever action (I had no reason to change mine other than “I want them”).

Maybe try the long lever again, shorten the pin slightly as mentioned above, then move the master cylinder closer to the fork tubes so there’s less pressure required to pull the lever in at the very end of the lever? I’m no pro, or even novice, but  I hope these ideas can help

P.S. - You may have won the father of the year award already! Very nice looking bike :)