Knocking at low throttle, 250rr 2018

Spanky

Looking for some advice please.
I've a 2018 250rr and I notice the odd knock when I  give the bike a little rev (off the bottom, first  1/8 of the throttle). I was out riding it today with my son on his oset ( so just gently plodding hardly any throttle and at one point it startedknocking quite badly. I've read previous posts about lifting the needle up one. As far as I'm aware the needle is in the standard position. The bike never used to do this but I'm starting to notice it more and more.
Many thanks. ?

This can occur on GasGas bikes as well and if it can't be cured by winding the air screw in a little, people generally go to a one size bigger pilot jet or a no3 slide or lift the needle. All have a slightly different effect and it seems to be a bit of trial and error as to what works for you. Also its important to do this after the bike has been decoked as carbon deposits on the head and piston can cause an increase in compression and add to the problem

• Like 1

• 3 years later...