Gas Gas rear suspension linkage bearing kit

goreboy

7 hours ago, mbeers6 said:

I use the same bearings but don't reuse the old "seals".  Don't the bearings have seals built in? How would you fit in the old outer seals?  

Thanks just trying to learn. 

Actually been a little while since I changed the bearings.  If memory serves correctly, (this may be the issue and as I type this I may have remembered differently) the new bearings are just a touch wider than the originals, I believe I put in O-rings to take up the gap or I was "persuasive" with the old seals.  I actually need to grease the dog bones bearings soon.  I should take a pic and post it.

• 1 month later...

@mbeers6 sorry for taking so long to respond, bike maintenance has taken a back seat lately.

I tore down the dog bones today.  As you can see in the the VXB photo of the bearing there is no seal.

image.png.5690158b4f9e362f30bd1ea563b1282b.png

Here is a photo of the same bearing installed in my dog bones.  (Still a bit dirty, but hopefully can see it clear enough)

note: it is a caged bearing and there is a rubber seal, I "persuaded" the original GasGas seals to be in place. It is a very tight fit and the seal does stick out probably a half mm from the dog bones.  but after install in the bike, they don't stick out anymore.  SQUISH!!  ?

984712400_Dogbonebearing.thumb.jpg.63fe22acaba814d067704c7af02e8c92.jpg

Edited by zippy
Spelling error

6 hours ago, mbeers6 said:

Thanks for the follow up and pics Zippy. I'm going to try using the GG outer seals next time I replace my bearings then, should help keep some moisture out.   

Welcome,  good luck

• 3 years later...

2 hours ago, DanA91 said:

Hi, would someone be able to send me a photo of there linkage setup please? 

I stupidly took it all apart to replace the bearings and now I’m not 100% I’m putting it back together the correct way. 

Thank you

Go to www.the hellteam.com user and parts manuals choose 2004 pro in each one. In the parts book scroll down to page 22  and you can see how the linkage parts are positioned for assembly. In the user manual scroll down to page 7 to see a photo of the linkage from underneath the bike. 2004 linkage is more or less the same design as all  the other years except I think the latest 23 KTM remake bikes.