Very sick trs 250rr 2018

Spanky

Bike running very hot. Magneto and clutch casings are also very hot to the touch. Checked coolant, all ok. Fan is cutting in and out (though more often than it used to. Plug colour is fine. New plug in.  Bike runs fine from cold, after about 10 minutes casings are very hot to the touch as is the exhaust silencer. Carb has been apart and is clean, standard settings other than needle lifted 1 notch. Bike also seems to not want to rev as it used to. Anybody got any ideas? ??

6 hours ago, b40rt said:

Check timing.

(Or don't check it, hard trying to help people sometimes.)

Sorry dude, wasn't trying to be rude. I didn't answer as i dont know how timing could change other than woodruff key going. The bike runs perfectly when cold.

Sounds like the ignition isn't advancing with revs as it should,which I think points to a duff cdi.Worth speaking to Steve Saunders before you get your wallet out.Do you know anyone with the same bike you try the CDI from

2 hours ago, Spanky said:

Sorry dude, wasn't trying to be rude. I didn't answer as i dont know how timing could change other than woodruff key going. The bike runs perfectly when cold.

No problem, but faulty cdi may effect your timing causing overheating. Impeller is also worth checking as said above.

20 hours ago, anachronism said:

@leembarnesDid you change out the CDI(s) yourself & if so, how difficult was it?

It's easy enough to do just a little fiddly. Cdi sits under the frame behind the headstock, remove tank and you can see and feel it. It's held onto a bracket with a Velcro elasticated strap. I remove that first and gently pull cdi backwards, remove from plug and replace. Note any moisture or rust on the pins in the cdi. Mine has been clean and dry both times to be fair but still I don't take the jet wash any where near it.