Beta 80 Junior 2020

betsy

Help Please

I have just got my son a new beta 80 junior small wheel 2020, a couple of things we noticed on his first time on it was that when ever he went through some water he would get a short distance further on and the bike would cut out, once it had a few minutes to dry it would start again then be great in the dry but would cut out if getting wet.

Also if he would crack the throttle open quick it would bog and sometimes it would stall if he did it really quick.

I took it back to the dealer and they did some work on it, they said the fuel mixture screw was only a quarter turn out and normally this is one and a half turns out and they also dropped the needle one clip down to its lowest setting. The bike came back and did not bog the same when cracking the throttle open but it still stalls when getting wet, its now back at the dealers again, they had put di electric grease on the electrical components under the tank.

Has anyone else had these issues, does anyone know the best settings for the delorto carb including pilot and main jet sizes, needle clip and mixture screw?

Many thanks Gareth

Fitting a 5 heat rating plug makes a huge difference to the running. We dropped the needle and it improved running also. In real cold weather we turn the mixture screw a quarter turn anticlockwise to compensate. We run ours at 60ml oil to a full 5L can of petrol,  many will say it's not enough but we haven't had any issues. Found putoline to run cleanest in them, tried many oils. If you jetwash the bike and don't cover the airbox and seal it, YOU WILL have to clean the carb, airbox and in particular the corrugated link pipe to the carb. This fills with water and it won't run.

Other than that, they run fine.

Hey Gareth,

Harry's bike has had the same issue passing through water when we first got it.  At Conondale last year I took the tank out and sprayed everything liberally with silicone spray.  Haven't had the issue since.

Re the bogging down issue, sounds carb setting related, Harry's bike was perfect when we got it, I haven't touched the carb or spark plug in 2 years we have had it but it was second hand and likely the former owner sorted it. It took me a while to get my TRS right from brand new....

We can take Harry's apart on the weekend at Hinchies and check all the jets and needle settings if you like.

Cheers,

Jeremy

• Like 1