New Montesa Cota

Midlife Montesa

It's a Honda. Ride it, Pressure wash it, use detergent, no need to block any of the mudguard holes or worry about the electrics. The filter lid design is simple but highly effective at keeping the crap out.  

Clean air filter, lube the chain and it's good for the next ride. 

Oils and filter change every 4-6 weeks depending on the amount of abuse you give it. Enjoy

On 2/14/2020 at 6:44 AM, jimmyl said:

I wash off with suitable spray on cleaner - then start bike and let in warm up. While warming up I spray with wd40 - the non aerosol type - spray chain etc water should run if or evaporate . I then wipe over with an old towel to remove water and excess wd40 ( other brands available) . Then quick wizz up and down the drive apply brakes to generate some heat to dry of brakes .

cover with a blanket ready for following weekend 

Thanks for your time and help with all the information.. ??

also change out the oil filter when you change the oils, and check the screen for any engine swarf.

Also, note the oil from the gearbox is separate to the engine oil. I use the silkolene nanotech engine oil,  and have been using the nano tec gear oil, but I preffer ELF Htx stuff mentioned earlier, or silkolene pro srg 75

Also get a spare casing gasket and when you replace the oil filter, coat the gasket in oil first, before fitting, so that when you take the casing off the next time it wont stick to the gasket and rip, meaning another new one. oh and keep a spare o ring or 2 for the oil filter retainer thing whatever its called. 

oh and leaf blowers make great bike driers

Edited by monteeman
  • Like 1