Montesa dies with full throttle

pojan

Hi´  

When i turn the throttle very fast to "full" speed, the engine take some RPM, but then it dies, sounds like "drowning" it simple stops if i keep holding the throttle on full. If i loose before it stops, it comes again. I changed the sparkplug, cleaned some electrial parts, and cleaned the air-filter, but it didn´t help.

Any good advice is welcome :-) 

Poja. 

8 hours ago, pojan said:

Hi´  

When i turn the throttle very fast to "full" speed, the engine take some RPM, but then it dies, sounds like "drowning" it simple stops if i keep holding the throttle on full. If i loose before it stops, it comes again. I changed the sparkplug, cleaned some electrial parts, and cleaned the air-filter, but it didn´t help.

Any good advice is welcome ?

Poja. 

One possible cause could be that the throttle position sensor thinks your going past 100%.  Try using some superglue to fix a thin washer or something to the stop to see if it will stop doing that, if so its a position sensor issue.

Another possible cause might be that your t-bag filter is plugged, though that seems a bit less likely based on what you indicate is happening. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kurtas said:

I'm assuming you have a 4rt.

Why are you turning the throttle very fast to "full" speed?

What happens if you turn the throttle very slowly to "full" speed?

If i turn it slow, there is no problem (seems) 

6 hours ago, jonnyc21 said:

One possible cause could be that the throttle position sensor thinks your going past 100%.  Try using some superglue to fix a thin washer or something to the stop to see if it will stop doing that, if so its a position sensor issue.

Another possible cause might be that your t-bag filter is plugged, though that seems a bit less likely based on what you indicate is happening. 

Thanks´i will try, Where do i place that washer, under the gas cable, or ? 

you need to take the black cover off the throttle body and stick a bit of shim to the casing that the cable pulley wheel would stop against at full throttle.

best of luck

PS think there maybe photos if you search the forum 

Edited by jimmyl
  • Like 1

Before taking the time to change the TPS stop, what happens if you twist the throttle quickly to high throttle -- maybe 7/8 full throttle? If it does the same thing, I doubt adding a shim for the last 1/32 of opening will make any difference.

Edited by sportsawyer
  • Like 1